Our client, a large food manufacturing company located in Gympie are looking for Receivals officer’s to join their team. This role would suit a focused individual who is ready to roll up their sleeves and show their skills in machinery operation.
This is a casual / seasonal position, offering up to 38 hours per week on a day / afternoon rotating roster. You may also be required to work weekends. The roster is subject to change in accordance to seasonal demand, and regular communication must be maintained with the Manager.
The Receivals officer will be responsible for implementing pre-start checks and start-up procedures, operation of various machines including forklift, receiving goods from growers, recording all deliveries, adherence to safety, hygiene and sanitation rules and procedures and general housekeeping.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Implementation of daily start-up operations and reference to the daily task schedule;
• Receiving deliveries of NIS from growers;
• Completion of relevant forms and records;
• Sampling and sorting of NIS and collection of drying samples;
• Ensuring that the products are dried, handled and stored in a manner to preserve quality;
• General housekeeping.
To be successful for this role you must have:
• Current forklift licence;
• Working at heights ticket;
• Confined space ticket;
• Previous experience / relevant qualifications in the food processing industry (highly desirable);
• Demonstrated knowledge of product styles, including reject and commercial;
• Sound knowledge of HACCP and WHS principles;
• Sound communication skills;
• Be available for day, afternoon shifts and some weekend work;
• High level time management, prioritisation, ability to meet deadlines and a commitment to safe work practices;
• Excellent attention to detail; and
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team.
The position offers the opportunity to join a highly reputable company in Australia and around the world. If you would like to join a hard-working team, then click 'APPLY NOW' by close of business on 8 March 2019.
NOTE: For Gumtree applications please do not click on the 'Message' button on the right side of the page, as your resume and details will not be added to our database.
We are an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in aiming for a workplace free of discrimination. We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community we serve.