Our client, a large food manufacturing company located in Gympie are looking for a casual Maintenance fitter to join their team. This role would suit a focused individual who is ready to roll up their sleeves and show their skills in maintenance work.
This is a casual position, offering up to approximately 38 hours per week on day shift. The roster is subject to change in accordance to seasonal demand, and regular communication must be maintained with the Manager.
The maintenance person will report directly to the maintenance manager and will liaise where required with the Quality Manager and Warehouse and Production staff. Your general responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Carrying out repairs and maintenance work;
• Ensuring the implementation of planned maintenance schedules;
• Check daily work reports and ensure accurate records of failure, repairs, replacements and ancillary maintenance data are maintained;
• Maintain plant, equipment and structures are in satisfactory working order in accordance with schedules established by supervisors;
• Undertaking periodic inspections of plant and equipment to ensure high standards are maintained;
• Demonstrate an understanding and adhere to all WH&S policies and requirements.
To be successful for the role you must have:
• Trade fitter qualifications and experience;
• Workshop experience, including at least 2 years’ experience within a similar manufacturing environment;
• Be available for day shift;
• High level time management, prioritisation, ability to meet deadlines and a commitment to safe work practices.
The position offers the opportunity to join a highly reputable company in Australia and around the world. If you would like to join a hard-working team, then click 'APPLY NOW' by close of business on Monday 29 April 2019.
Note: For GUMTREE applications please do NOT click on the "Message" button on the right side of the page as your resume and details will not be added to our database.
We are an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in aiming for a workplace free of discrimination. We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.