Our client, a large food manufacturing company located in Gympie are looking for Production Staff to join their team. This role would suit a focused individual who is ready to roll up their sleeves and show their skills in manual sorting.
This is a casual / seasonal position, offering up to 38 hours per week on a day / afternoon rotating roster. The roster is subject to change in accordance to seasonal demand, and regular communication must be maintained with the Manager.
Production staff will be responsible for implementing pre-start checks and start-up procedures, operation of various production machines, manual sorting of product, adherence to safety, hygiene and sanitation rules and procedures and general housekeeping.
Your general responsibilities will include:
• Cleaning and Sanitisation of equipment;
• Setting up for the start of the morning shift;
• Operation of the Sorting Belts, Elevator Belt and Grader;
• Manual Sorting of Raw Kernel and Chip Kernel;
• Operation of electronic sorters;
• Transfers and manual moving of bins and equipment around the work area;
• Washing of Plant and Equipment; and
• General housekeeping and shut-down housekeeping.
To be successful for this role, you must have:
• Previous experience / relevant qualifications in the food processing industry (highly desirable);
• Demonstrated knowledge of product styles, including reject and commercial;
• Sound knowledge of HACCP and WHS principles;
• Sound communication skills;
• Be available for day and afternoon shifts;
• High level time management, prioritisation, ability to meet deadlines and a commitment to safe work practices;
• Excellent attention to detail; and
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team
The position offers the opportunity to join a highly reputable company in Australia and around the world. If you would like to join a hard-working team, then click 'APPLY NOW'.
NOTE: For Gumtree applications please do not click on the 'Message' button on the right side of the page, as your resume and details will not be added to our database.
We are an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in aiming for a workplace free of discrimination. We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community we serve.