Maleny Golf Club, a public golf course situated in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, is looking for a Club Manager to join their team.
The principal accountabilities of the Club Manager position are to manage day-to-day operations of the Maleny Golf Club (MGC) in accordance with the direction and guidance of the Management Committee appointed by the Members.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a knowledge of golf, to work in an industry they love. Applicants are required to have prior experience managing small business, including staff. The job is full time with a "variable' work week, some weekend work may be required, each week will not necessarily be Monday to Friday. You will be rewarded with an attractive salary package, which will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee operations of the Golf Shop in a manner that delivers high levels of service to members and visitors;
- Ensure that the Golf Shop offers a range of food, beverages and golf merchandise that meets the needs of members and visitors;
- Ensure retail selling margins are maximised and budgets met;
- Stock control to be managed closely with an emphasis on minimal write-offs and losses;
- Participate in the formulation of annual Operating Budgets and strategic planning;
- Utilize the Management Accounting information system in conjunction with the Club’s Bookkeepers and Treasurer to deliver successful financial outcomes;
- Management of all special projects assigned by the Management Committee including any other tasks allocated from time to time;
- Organize, lead and manage the activities of all Golf Services’ staff including volunteers (not course maintenance) to ensure agreed objectives are achieved;
- Ensure that all legal and matters are referred to the relevant person to ensure compliance;
- Remain up to date on all legislation relative to Workplace Health and Safety, anti-Discrimination laws, Trade Practices, Industrial Relations and the regulations governing Responsible Service of Alcohol, Smoking and Food service;
- Preparing and delivering monthly reporting;
- Oversee development of advertising, promotional strategies and plans to enhance the Club’s profile and financial viability;
- Oversee securing of Sponsorships and Corporate memberships consistent with the objectives of the Club;
- Train and develop staff and volunteers to ensure that a consistent attitude and competency standard prevails in all dealings with members and visitors;
- Constantly strive for cost saving and revenue improvements through management initiatives and innovation;
- Control the Club’s golf operations to ensure member competitions, visiting groups, social play and special events are all managed and delivered in a highly organized manner.
To be successful for this role, you must:
- Hold a Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate (RSA)
- Minimum 5 years in a Management position
- Strong understanding of the game of golf
- Hold a Queensland Blue Card
- Excellent customer service skills
This position would suit a hard-working individual, who has a keen interest in golf and is willing to go the extra mile in management and customer service.
If you think you have the above skills and experience, please submit your resume by either clicking the “APPLY NOW” button or by submitting your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org